Benefits of Collagen
As we age, our body’s ability to naturally produce collagen declines. From around our mid-twenties, production drops each year, with a 30-50% total loss in women by post-menopause. Consequently, a decrease in collagen leads to wrinkles, dry and sagging skin, thin hair, brittle nails, and can result in joint problems due to weakened cartilage.
There are at least twenty-eight different varieties of collagen, of which three have been identified as being particularly useful in the body. Type 1 is found in skin, bone and blood vessel walls. This type makes up 90% of your body’s collagen. Type 2 is found in the cushioning tissues of your joints between your bones. Type 3 is found in muscles, blood vessels and organs.
Taking a collagen supplement is an effective way to boost the amount of collagen your body can access and increasing Type 1 Collagen from marine sources also increases your body’s natural Collagen production, including Type 1 in your skin, Type 2 in your cartilage and Type 3 in your organs.
Type 1 Marine Collagen peptides is a highly bioavailable form of Collagen supplementation, meaning that it is extremely well absorbed in the body and is thought to be 150% more efficiently absorbed by the body compared to bovine or porcine collagen . This is because it resistant to gastrointestinal enzymes and because its been hydrolyzed into a small particle size so it is easily passed into the bloodstream to various parts of the body.
Taking a regular type 1 collagen supplement increases Collagen levels in the body to:
- Improve skin smoothness and firmness and helps your skin cells renew and repair normally.
- Retain skin hydration and maximise skin suppleness.
- Reduce pigmentation.
- Promote stronger healthy nail and hair growth.
- Prevent hair thinning.
- Support protective lining of gut’s digestive tract and aid digestion.
- Reduce inflammation in joints
- Strengthen your bones
Our customers have told us that Aglow Marine Collagen powder has helped:
- Reduce skin redness and the appearance of fine lines
- Improve the skin's natural glow
- Reduced the appearance of scars and help wound healing
- Minimise hair thinning and hair loss and restore hair growth, particularly in the postpartum period or during menopause
- Reduce joint pain
- Strengthened their nails and helped nail growth and prevent breakage from brittle nails.
Shop here to get your today