Why take Collagen?
Collagen is the most abundant natural source of protein found in the body. It forms the basis of connective tissue in areas of the skin, muscles, tendons and ligaments, makes up about 75-80% of our skin structure and blood vessels and the digestive system all rely on Collagen to function effectively.
As we age, our body’s ability to naturally produce collagen declines. From around our mid-twenties, production drops each year, with a 30-50% total loss in women by post-menopause. Consequently, a decrease in collagen leads to wrinkles, dry and sagging skin, thin hair, brittle nails, and can result in joint problems due to weakened cartilage.
There are at least twenty-eight different varieties of collagen of which three have been identified as being particularly useful in the human body. Type 1 is found in skin, bone and blood vessel walls. This type makes up 90% of your body’s collagen. Type 2 is found in the cushioning tissues of your joints, between your bones. Type 3 is found in muscles, blood vessels and organs.
Taking a collagen supplement is an effective way to boost the amount of collagen your body can access and increasing Type 1 Collagen from marine sources also increases your body’s natural Collagen production, including Type 1 in your skin, Type 2 in your cartilage and Type 3 in your organs.
Type 1 Marine Collagen peptides is a highly bioavailable form of Collagen supplementation, meaning that it is extremely well absorbed in the body and is thought to be 150% more efficiently absorbed by the body compared to bovine or porcine collagen . This is because it resistant to gastrointestinal enzymes and because its been hydrolyzed into a small particle size so it is easily passed into the bloodstream. to various parts of the body, including the dermis (the deepest layer of the skin).
Taking a regular type 1 collagen supplement increases Collagen levels in the body to:
- Improve skin smoothness and firmness and helps your skin cells renew and repair normally.
- Retain skin hydration and maximise skin suppleness.
- Reduce pigmentation.
- Promote stronger healthy nail and hair growth.
- Prevent hair thinning.
- Support protective lining of gut’s digestive tract and aid digestion.
- Reduce inflammation in joints
- Srengthen your bones
Our customers have told us that Aglow Marine Collagen powder has helped:
- Reduce skin redness and the appearance of fine lines
- Improve the skin's natural glow
- Minimise hair thinning and hair loss and restore hair growth, particularly in the postpartum period or during menopause
- Reduce joint pain
- Strengthened their nails and helped nail growth and prevent breakage from brittle nails.
Shop here to get your today