Aglow respects the use of your personal details and your privacy will be protected with confidence. Any personal information provided will be used for internal use only and will not be disclosed to any third party.
No disclosure required
The Website can be viewed without the need for you to disclose any personal information to us.
If you wish to subscribe to our Subscription service then you must complete the online registration form which requires that you disclose a limited amount of personal data and become a registered user (Member).
Types of data we collect
We may collect, store and use the following types of data about you from the Website:
- personal data about you, provided by you at the time of subscribing as a Member, which includes, but is not limited to, your name, address, email address, credit-card information/payment details, and any other such personal information that you provide to us through your dealings with us;
- aggregate technical information, which tracks traffic to the Website, and includes, but is not limited to, your device identifier, server address, IP address, domain (whether you are accessing the Website from New Zealand or elsewhere), the platform you are using, browsers used when accessing the Website (including version), users’ search terms, pages accessed on the Website, links that are clicked on, date and time of Website visits, users’ operating systems, and any other such technical information relating to your use of the Aglow website
Sources of data collection
We may collect and hold personal data about you from the following sources:
- you, by filling in the registration form when you subscribe to our emailing list or subscription service;
- indirectly, through your use of the Website, including automated technologies and interactions;
- through your interaction with our administrators, such as by telephone or email;
- through cookies; and
- provided by third parties authorised by you.
Failure to provide necessary personal information when requested may result in certain services on the Website or Affiliated Websites not being available to you.
Members are able to access and change their details (name, email address, password, and credit card information) as part of their Subscription Customer Portal access.
Disclosure of your data
We will not disclose personal data we hold about you to any third party except as set out in this section.
We work with third-party service providers who provide hosting, maintenance, backup, storage, infrastructure, payment processing, logistics and delivery, analysis, marketing and other services for us, which may require them to access information about you. If a service provider needs to access information about you to perform services on our behalf, they do so under instruction from us, including abiding by policies and procedures designed to protect your information. Some of these service providers may be located in countries other than yours or ours.
In exceptional circumstances, we may share information about you with a third party if we believe that sharing is reasonably necessary to:
- comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, including to meet national security requirements, and our service providers may also do this;
- enforce our agreements, policies and terms;
- protect the intellectual property rights of any person;
- (protect the security or integrity of our Website and services; or
- protect us, you or the public from harm or illegal activities.
Sale of our business
In the event that we propose to sell the business or any of our assets, we may provide your personal data as part of a database to a prospective buyer solely so that they can consider the purchase of the business. Should we proceed to sell the business (or a material part of it) we may provide your personal data as part of that sale so that the purchaser can continue to operate the business and contact you about their plans for the business.
Use of your data
We process and use the data we collect for the following purposes:
- to hold your personal data on our system and to contact you as necessary including:
- to enable you to access and use our Website; obtain feedback on a Product you have ordered;
- send periodic emails you have subscribed to through your nominated email address or mobile text messages;
- as part of the transaction process when you order a Product from our Website;
- respond to any queries and/or comments you have sent to us; and
- to investigate any complaints relating to the misuse of the Website or its functionality;
- to allow us to administer and manage your access to our Website, including verifying your identity and assisting you if you forget your user ID and/or password;
- to assist in prepopulating certain information in various forms that may need to be completed when you transact with us using the Website and Affiliated Websites;
- to assist in providing the Subscription to you, including to allow us to process payments in respect of your Subscription – you will have the option to choose to allow us to store your credit card or other payment account information by checking the “Remember details for next time” checkbox at the time of payment. If you elect not to store your credit card or other payment account information you will need to resubmit this information for each purchase made from the Website;
- to monitor, develop and improve the Website and ensure that content on the Website is relevant, of interest to you and presented in the most effective manner for you;
- to update and maintain our records, including details of people that have accessed our systems;
- we may, from time to time, anonymise data and use it in a manner in which you cannot be identified so we can understand how our Website is used and the types of Products that are being purchased.
Cookies and tracking
We may use a "cookie" file, tracking pixels and other related technologies containing information that can identify the computer, smartphone or other web–enabled device that you are working from.
We may use the information generated by cookies, tracking pixels and other related technologies to:
- track traffic patterns to and from the Website including information like the pages you visit, the time you spend on each page, the date and time of your visit, and referring pages (pages you came from or go to);
- ensure any advertising is being shown to the most appropriate person and limit the frequency of display for certain ad formats;
- enable you to enter the Website and use certain services as a Member without having to log on each time and to visit Member only areas of the Website; and
- enable us and our partners/sponsors to serve targeted advertising to you (on our Website and elsewhere).
The browsers of most computers, smartphones and other web–enabled devices are usually set up to accept cookies. If your browser preferences allow it, you can configure your browser to accept all cookies, reject all cookies, or notify you when cookies are set. You do not need to have cookies turned on to use the Website or any Affiliated Website in general, but you may need them for any customisable areas that we have now or in the future. Please remember that cookies are often used to enable and improve certain functions on our Website or any Affiliated Website. If you choose to switch certain cookies off, it may affect how the Website or any Affiliated Website works and you may not be able to access all or parts of the Website or any Affiliated Website.
We use Google Analytics website measurement software and systems to assist in tracking traffic patterns to and from our Website, aggregating anonymous information about visits to our Website, and randomly and anonymously surveying users of our Website. The system is used to collect information on our network such as the number of page views, the number of unique visitors, how long these visitors spend on the Website and Affiliated Websites when they do visit, and common entry and exit points into and from the Website and Affiliated Websites. Random anonymous surveys are also used to collect further information about our users. This non-personal information is aggregated using Google Analytics and then used by us in our analysis of the Website and Affiliated Websites. The Google Analytics data is also accessible by media organisations and research companies for the purpose of conducting industry comparisons with other websites. All our pages are coded with a small piece of Google Analytics code that is transparent to you when you read that page. The software stores a cookie in your browser (if you have enabled cookies) which contains a unique identifier to allow us to track the number of unique visitors to the Website and Affiliated Websites. This information is collected and aggregated by Google Analytics and in no way can you be identified personally and no personal information is stored about you.
Linking and third-party websites
The contents of the Website may include links to other third-party websites (Linked Sites). The Linked Sites are provided to you as a convenience and/or a courtesy, and the inclusion of any link does not imply our endorsement of the Linked Sites or any association by us with their business or owners. We are not responsible for the data protection/privacy/cookie usage policies of any Linked Sites and those sites may not follow the same privacy policies as us. We recommend that you check any relevant privacy policies of such Linked Sites before providing your personal data to any third party.
Opting in and Opting Out
(a) opt out and not receive certain services or participate in certain interactive areas; or
(b) opt in to agree to be contacted by us in relation to certain matters such as notification of new features to the Website promotional
You may opt out of receiving certain types of communications from us by utilising the unsubscribe function in communications sent to you. Any emails we send will also always contain a link at the bottom enabling you to edit your email settings, be removed from our general mailing list, or where you are a Member you can unsubscribe as part of your Subscription details. If you elect not to receive emails or ask to be removed from a mailing list, we may still send you emails where it is necessary to provide you with details of any purchases you have made, changes to our services, or the way the membership or Website is to operate.
Holding, accessing and correcting
Under the New Zealand Privacy Act 1993, you have rights of access to and correction of personal information that we hold.
You have the right to request access to your personal data. This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you.
You have the right to request correction of any of your personal information provided to us, at any time and as often as necessary. We rely on Members to update or correct their personal information whenever necessary. We offer the ability for Members to correct or change their personal information online at any time and as often as necessary. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected or updated.
You will not usually have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). We may charge a reasonable fee where permitted by law if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
If you are not satisfied with our response to any privacy-related concern you may have, you can contact the Privacy Commissioner:
Office of the Privacy Commissioner
PO Box 10-094
Wellington 6143, New Zealand
Phone: +64-4-474 7590
Enquiries Line: 0800 803 909