Benefits of Pea Protein
Proteins are made up of amino acids. When proteins are digested or broken down, amino acids are left. There are hundreds of amino acids, but the body only needs 20 of them. Our bodies can produce most of the amino acids it needs, but nine need to be obtained from your food.
Pea Protein is a great plant-based source of protein, containing all nine essential amino acids, and also has branched chain amino acids to aid muscle growth and repair. It is vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free and cholesterol free.
Benefits of using Pea Protein powder:
- Aid the maintenance and repair/recovery of muscle mass as part of a varied diet.
- Aid the growth of muscle mass with pea protein proven to be effective at increasing muscle thickness after resistance training.
- Has anti-inflammatory properties and is easy to digest and absorb, especially due to being lactose and gluten-free.
- Contains many nutrients found in plants such as B vitamins, calcium, iodine, iron, omega-3 fatty acids, selenium and zinc,
May aid appetite regulation by possibly lowering ghrelin levels (the hunger hormone), increasing the feeling of satiety (fullness), and maintaining blood sugar levels
Aglow Pea Protein has the added benefit of Probiotics and Prebiotics to support gut health:
Gut health is important, not only for digestion of nutrients from our food , but also for our immunity, hormone regulation (which can affect mood, sleep), and the appearance of our skin, hair and nails which have often been described as the 'window to our gut'.
Our gut contains trillions of bacteria (known as gut flora) which need to be kept healthy to support the gut to effectively carry out its myriad of roles in the body. Some signs our gut health is out of balance can include bloating, bowel irregularities, reflux and gassiness.
Aglow Pea Protein has added both prebiotics and probiotics to support a healthy gut, including:
- Prebiotic from Jerusalem Artichoke. This is used by gut bacteria to stay healthy and has been linked to improving digestive health, helping control diabetes, and aiding weight loss.
- 5 different strains of probiotics (live 'good' bacteria) to promote good gut health and support healthy skin, hair and nails from within.